Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: At the office

At the office 7 years 10 months ago #1

Every morning our office has a smell of new carpet and I'm worried that it can cause diseases. Should I be worried and how should I tackle the issue with my employer?

I read somewhere here on this site some pretty scary stuff:

"Whether your carpets are new or old, they probably have more bad things in them than you want to imagine. The list is staggering. For new carpets there are 'volatile organic compounds' VOC's. These include toluene, benzene, formaldehyde, ethyl benzene, styrene, acetone and a host of other chemicals, some of which have already made the EPA's list of Extremely Hazardous Substances. Known carcinogens such as p-Dichlorobenzene are in new carpets, as are chemicals that produce fetal abnormalities in test animals. These chemicals also cause hallucinations, nerve damage and respiratory illness in humans."
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Maff. Reason: Technical Issue
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Please Help Support EiR with a Positive Google Review!

Review www.ei-resource.org on Google

If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
https://g.page/r/CbAgn_56aqWaEAI/review 

P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!

Related Articles:

Mold Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds