Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Study Results by Anne Steinemann

New Study Results by Anne Steinemann 4 years 8 months ago #7

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Love your idea of the hamper btw Maff :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Study Results by Anne Steinemann 4 years 8 months ago #8

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
Jodie wrote:
Jason - who is complaining & why?

Hub's does his washing with non-perfumed liquid detergent (Ecover or Surcare) - that stuff would only bother me if I wore the clothes myself- it's more effective than the laundry balls.

these are what I use www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00152TVWU?p...ui_search_detailpage
I have 4 of them (large washing machine). I've used those for lord knows how long, maybe 10 years. Originally they only had ceramic pellets in them, then they added these soapy white pellets which I don't get on with, so I remove and add extra ceramic pellets. You need some bar soap you can tolerate to rub on occasional stains/ underarm areas of shirts, cos they won't totally remove that body odour smell. Other than that they're fine. I tried not using them, but plain water was definitely not as effective.
Some folks use soap nuts - I havent' tried those.

I'm sorry, i meant my symptoms. :)

Thanks for the link and info, i am gonna test those ecoballs. Hopefully they will do the job!
It's so frustrating that i can't wear any clothes after washing it with baking soda or chrystal soda. I also tried to wash it only with water but that doesn't remove the chemicals. :huh:

I'm looking into the soap nuts as well, that looks promising!

New Study Results by Anne Steinemann 4 years 8 months ago #9

• Jodie
Are you trying to remove chemicals from new clothes or just clean them from everyday dirt? I don't generally have a prob with new clothes as long as I wash them in liquid detergent like Ecover Delicate first, then a really good wash with the Eco Balls to remove the detergent. I know some ppl are super sensitive to clothing tho.. you could try asking at Planet Thrive or green [email protected], they may be able to help if that's your issue. I have problems with sheets sometimes, I have to do alternative soaks vinegar/rinse/soda/rinse.. its the alternate acid & alkali soaks that seem to do the trick.

New Study Results by Anne Steinemann 4 years 8 months ago #10

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
Jodie wrote:
Are you trying to remove chemicals from new clothes or just clean them from everyday dirt? I don't generally have a prob with new clothes as long as I wash them in liquid detergent like Ecover Delicate first, then a really good wash with the Eco Balls to remove the detergent. I know some ppl are super sensitive to clothing tho.. you could try asking at Planet Thrive or green [email protected], they may be able to help if that's your issue. I have problems with sheets sometimes, I have to do alternative soaks vinegar/rinse/soda/rinse.. its the alternate acid & alkali soaks that seem to do the trick.

Mostly I don't have much problems with new clothes either. But yes, i'm cleaning them for everyday dirt. I will try your way with the sheets for the clothes, maybe that does the trick as well.
What exactly are the alternate acid & alkali soaks?

Will check if Planet Thrive have some advice. Thanks again.

New Study Results by Anne Steinemann 4 years 8 months ago #11

• Jodie
vinegar = acid, soda = alkali

sheets are the only textiles I seem to have big probs with, but that works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason34

New Study Results by Anne Steinemann 4 years 8 months ago #12

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
Clearly! :)

I wonder if you put the sheets in the water with some vinegar in it ? Or only vinegar?

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds