Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Safe Mobile Home Building Advice

Safe Mobile Home Building Advice 11 years 10 months ago #1

• Aaron
  • EiR Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I'm a new member and I have MCS. I am currently trying to help a woman who has MCS and living in her car which is far from ideal and worsening her symptoms. She seems to react to many different building materials found in regular houses so I'm looking for alternatives.

I have heard stories of people renovating caravans/trailers with porcelain so I'm interested if anyone here knows of someone who has done this or knows where I can get more information on how to do it as I think that this might be her only option. Any information would be most appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Safe Mobile Home Building Advice 11 years 10 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Aaron,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm afraid I don't have any personal experience in this area. I found that living in my 30 year old brick-built flat/apartment with old furniture and no use of regular household chemical products was sufficient to avoid triggering my MCS symptoms.

It seems many others have been forced to go to extremes and opted for porcelain lined aluminium trailers/caravans however.

I have just done a Google search for:

\"porcelain trailer multiple chemical sensitivity\"

..and was surprised how many results it brought up with stories of people constructing and living in such trailers.

I'm sure if you do this search and read through the results you'll find some help.

I wish you and your friend the best of luck.<br /><br />Post edited by: Maff, at: 2008/09/11 11:14
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:Safe Mobile Home Building Advice 11 years 8 months ago #3

• Tanya
  • EiR Newbie
I am looking into renovating a caravan for myself. I think it would be a lot easier than finding a suitable house or apartment to live in.

I've been googling forever and have found lots of references to people with MCS living in porclein trailers but I can't find detailed instructions on how to actually do it (I don't fancy my chances geting it done otherwise.

I did find already renovated trailers for sale though if it helps

planetthrive.com/cgi-bin/members/class9990222460220.cgi

Re:Safe Mobile Home Building Advice 11 years 8 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Tanya,

I'm guessing things are still not going well with the house then? What was the problem with the one you thought was going to be ok?

For anyone with MCS in the US thinking about a mobile home solution I wrote a news article a little while back and discovered that many modular homes were built by the Lustron Corporation after WWII. These were constructed entirely of metal and porcelain so many MCS sufferers find them the ideal solution. Not sure if there is a UK equivalent unfortunately.

The news article is at http://www.ei-resource.org/news/multiple-chemical-sensitivity-news/multiple-chemical-sensitivity-sufferer-told-to-remove-modular-home-safe-haven/
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds