Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: All Canadians with MCS...

Re:All Canadians with MCS... 11 years 9 months ago #7

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Mariam,

You make some very good points. The whole idea behind me creating this website was to unite people with 'invisible illnesses', firstly so we can help each other in any way possible, and eventually to present a large and united group that may be able to pressure those in power for change.

However, I think ladyitchalot's reason for creating groups by country is because that way citizens can petition their own governments for better recognition and provision of services for those affected by MCS. (Correct me if I'm wrong ladyitchalot!).
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:All Canadians with MCS... 11 years 9 months ago #8

Hi Miriam,
Yes, I have thought about the wording.

If you can help me out with ways of saying what I'm trying to say (to accomplish the goal of establishing the visual impact of the over 1 million faces in Canada that have MCS (many of us either isolated in our homes, or working in fear of losing our jobs)) then please help me.

I welcome your input.

That's why my title is \"The Many Faces of Multiple Chemical Sensitivities in Canada\" instead of \"Canadians with MCS\" :D

Thanks for any assistance.
LadyItchalot

Re:All Canadians with MCS... 11 years 9 months ago #9

Thank you Maff, for the front page article!
You seem to be able to write with ease and clarity...

Maff wrote:
However, I think ladyitchalot's reason for creating groups by country is because that way citizens can petition their own governments for better recognition and provision of services for those affected by MCS.

That is one of the things (see how I need help with vocabulary?) that I can forsee that this visual could be used for.

I also think that sufferers could use it to simply show their families that they are not alone, that there is such an affliction.

I also think that the medical world, research and treatment, needs to SEE us. And so for that reason I feel it needs to be done by country.

I DO think that there is a niche for such a visual internationally. I'm just not up to taking that sort of thing on, just yet.
Lady Itchalot

Re:All Canadians with MCS... 11 years 9 months ago #10

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Ladyitchalot,

It was my pleasure to write an article about your efforts on Facebook. I hope it helped you pick up a few more group members.

THanks for your comments about my writing. I'm glad my articles appear clear as I often feel my thoughts are muddled and find it hard to concentrate and focus so it's good that this doesn't translate onto the page/screen too much!

Hope you're relatively well and best of luck with the Facebook group.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

And Internationals...Re:All Canadians with MCS... 11 years 9 months ago #11

Hi all,
Again, on Facebook, another similar group has been created with the same desire...to raise awareness for the number of people with Environmental Illnesses, but this group is International.

She has called this group m\"A Million Faces of Environmental Illness\". Please look that up and join it, adding your pic there!
LadyItchalot
  • Page:

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds