Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Has anyone permanently cured themselves?

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 11 months ago #1

• Kyz
  • EiR Newbie
I've been sick for 3 years. I've tried a lot. Some things helped, some things didn't. I turned out to be mercury toxic and have been chelating, but, of course, I react to most chelators and have to take things slowly and sparingly.

I read about Maff's case but I don't have a problem with DHEA or cortisol and supplementation didn't help, in fact it aggravated my symptoms.

I've been taking some products recommended by Dr. Matin Pall but unfortunately I react to the ones which have the most noticeable benefits, likely because they are soy based. I do well with Magnesium and Vitamin C but I'm not sure that will offer a cure in the long term.

I've read about limbic kindling but I'm still not sure what all that entails or if anyone has had real success with it. The testimonials I've read often involve buying some video program. Something about 'thinking' my health problems away goes against my sensibilities and I am skeptical.

I've tried so much more I could write a book but I'll spare the details. Right now I'm doing the PK protocol, which helps to a degree, and considering trying the Marshall Protocol.

Does anyone have advice, experience or success they'd like to share? If it helps me, or anyone else reading, I will be forever in your debt.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 11 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Welcome Kyz!

the process which helped me the most was getting rid of all my ancient amalgams which were offgassing mercury quite badly.  If you're detoxing mercury and you have mercury amalgams you should have those removed first otherwise you're just replacing everything you've detoxed, maybe even pulling more out of your teeth with the detoxing than would usually be offgassing.

There's quite a good post on toxicant induced loss of tolerance (TILT) here groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GreenCanary/...sations/topics/31253 .. where the theory of limbic kindling comes up again & is an interesting read.. you might want to join that group as well.   I can't tolerate 90% of supplements either, not even probiotics, really don't understand it as I can eat 90% of foods (up from about 10% 8 years ago!)

Yes there are people who recover 100%, but TBH these disorders are very poorly understood atm so we are probably not all suffering from the same thing tho the symptoms/triggers are similar.  I've been tested for Porphyria, allergies, liver disorders, Mastocytosis & had every endocrinology test.. these are all things worth checking.

I pretty much have my life back, my tolerance is much better, I keep my chem exposures down but it doesn't put me out a lot, just common sense stuff.    My reactions seem to be random - a whole weekend in a cottage where they had "air fresheners" plugged  into every room was no prob, .. but my son spritzed up with some stinky deoderant on a 2 hour visit made me ill for 5 days!  that was unusually bad.   One of the London hospitals is now accepting there is something called "mast cell activation disorder" I'm aiming to get an appt in the NY to see what they say, everyone is much happier if they have a label to stick on a problem.

One of the gadgets I found most helpful when I was very reactive was a personal air purifier www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-Mate-Personal-Ioni...ersonal+air+purifier  .. many different brands, that one's overpriced IMO.   However they don't suit everyone so if you want to try it make sure you can return if u don't get on with it.

FYI anything posted here from this week until the NY is likely to be lost in a site revamp, so save any new info that comes up which you want to keep!

Good luck ! If you have any more q's about avoiding everyday chemicals (laundry etc) let me know!
Jodie
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Jodie.

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 11 months ago #3

• Kyz
  • EiR Newbie
Thank you for your concern and advice, Jodie. In advance I'd like to apologize for all the questions I'm going to ask x).

I do not have amalgams, it's actually somewhat of a mystery how I became mercury toxic. Currently I'm doing DMPS IVs, may I ask how you chelated?

And thank for you that article, TILT seems to hit a lot of key notes for me. Hopefully we will see more broad clinical attention given to these syndromes in the future. I think you are right that many of us with MCS have disparate underlying causes and therefore require different treatments. I too have been tested for various maladies but to no avail, that can get frustrating. I empathize deeply with anyone who has been wrongly turned away from a doctor as a hypochondriac.

I'm glad to hear you are eating more foods and doing much better. Food variety has been a great struggle for many of us, can I ask how you regained your food tolerance? As an aside, I am also using an air purifier but it is not portable like that one, I'll look into giving it a try.

I also have trouble with laundry (detergents). It's been suggested to me to use vinegar and baking soda in separate cycles but I haven't done that yet. Baking soda alone worked great for me but it doesn't get clothes totally clean. What do you recommend?

Best Regards,
Kyz

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 11 months ago #4

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
No probs! Laundry: I know a lot of ppl use Borax but I didn't find it worked that well, baking soda wasn't brilliant for me, tho it cleans the bath/shower well. I use washballs, I have 4 of these

www.amazon.co.uk/Ecozone-Ecoballs-240-wa...s#productDescription

as we have a large washing machine. I first used them 10 years ago, at that time they only contained ceramic pellets & they worked fine, they've since added some strange white soapy pellets but I remove those and add extra ceramic pellets. The theory is they change the PH balance of the water to destroy bacteria. But I dampen underarm areas & rub a little unperfumed bar soap on that area any other grubby bits first.. the washballs on their own don't really get the sweaty smell out totally so you need something extra on those bits, but apart from that they're fine.

I've used alternative vinegar and then soda soaks to remove chemicals from brushed cotton sheets that were giving me big probs and that did work very well, I read somewhere that combination of soaks removes formaldehyde.

I know ppl who use vinegar successfully as a fabric softener, apparently (surprisingly) your clothes don't smell of vinegar afterwards. I've had good luck with BioD fabric conditioner & can use Ecover Delicate laundry liquid well rinsed out (but not any of their other products for some reason).. that's for occasional use as don't want to push my luck.
It's exasperating that this is such a personal thing for each of us, I know folks who can't even tolerate vinegar :s
This list might be helpful if you want to experiment www.ewg.org/guides/categories/9-Laundry?grade=a

For detoxing...some years ago now... I used PcaRx, pca-rx.net , however the nutritionist I used now recommends this instead

www.resultsrna.com/products/acz_nano_faq.php#.UqIELRaXLBJ

That's a practitioner site but you can buy the same on ebay. My mercury test was done using DMSA, I think that can also be used to detox. There's quite a lot on the Green Canary group at the moment about detoxing, I don't think you need to be part of the group just to search messages - if you go to this page

groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GreenCanary/conversations/messages

put your search terms into "Search Conversations" and click "Search Groups' it will come up with appropriate posts, here's what I found when I put in 'detox'

groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GreenCanary/...messages?query=detox

You may need a little patience, Yahoo have messed up pretty badly with their groups lately - many complaints have been filed! but the folks on there are very knowledgeable.

As for food tolerances, that just went up slowly as I my other tolerances improved, but just took a lot of careful testing and careful listing as I went along, took years, but I got so much happier with each one added to the 'can do' list !
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Jodie.

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 10 months ago #5

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
soap nuts for cleaning /google it .ebay has several suppliers .clean very well .actually took the laundry soap stink from my old washer .seems to do a good job of removing scented stuff .

Has anyone permanently cured themselves? 5 years 9 months ago #6

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
well no response from any one who has totally turned it around .I am into something like 15yrs now .but upside health is great and i have learned stuff about health that i would of not have otherwise .
i recently did NAC -easy to get -relatively cheap . has been around for years and has alot of good info on it .Took Padma basic also which was needed to keep the itching down . Had some good results .
I never noticed any change from having my teeth fillings changed either .

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds