Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Support 4 claiming for disability UK

Support 4 claiming for disability UK 4 years 8 months ago #1

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
A non-profit community interest group : FightBack4Justice here in the UK offers welfare benefit advice/appeals and disability benefit applications completed.

Free advice line 0161 672 7444 and website is: www.fightback4justice.co.uk.

They have a Facebook page - www.facebook.com/FightBack4Justice/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Support 4 claiming for disability UK 4 years 8 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 24
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) is actually very useful with all that as well Jodie. They helped me get a disability component added to my basic benefits at the time by actually making a few phone calls to the right people at the benefits office!

The only problem with CAB is there's always a long wait if you just turn up at your local drop in or an even longer wait if you make an appointment for a specific date and time...
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Support 4 claiming for disability UK 4 years 8 months ago #3

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Yup I worked at our local CAB in reception 'til 3 years ago. They were adding phone consultations at that point. The trick was to get there 15 mins before the doors opened ( tho that may have changed to 30 mins by now, queues were getting longer), then you'd be sure to see someone. Also less busy times were on a really lovely summer day - people just wouldn't turn up for appointments, presumably cos they were enjoying the sunshine - -or really bad weather ..more understandable. We had an advisor there who won 95% of cases taken to courts / tribunals.. shocking to think those people probably would have been denied what they were entitled to if she hadn't really known her stuff.

Related Articles:

Home Testing & Sanitizer:

ADVERTISEMENT

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds